How to Succeed with WooCommerce Dropshipping and AliExpress
Before we learn how to succeed in WooCommerce dropshipping business, let’s start with the basics.
What is WooCommerce? And why can it be interesting for you?
WooCommerce is a special platform for online stores. It integrates with WordPress and works with it perfectly. Store owners benefit from high functionality and convenience of WooCommerce.
No wonder that this platform is so popular among dropshippers. When you build your online store on WooCommerce, you get a webstore that is easy to manage. You have full control over your store, and you easily run all the operations.
As you know, dropshipping business becomes more and more popular every year. Men and women across the globe start their own dropshipping stores because this business gives them independence and financial security.
When you run a dropshipping store, you don’t need to buy any products in advance, so you can start your business with really low costs. You simply find dropship suppliers you like and list their items on your site. You only contact the supplier and purchase the necessary item when an order is placed by a customer, and you ask them to deliver the item by your client’s address.
In other words, you spend no money on creating and managing stock and don’t arrange shipments yourself. It means you are left with much greater profits!
All you need to do to start such an easy and rewarding venture is set up your own online store – and this is where your business road begins.
Why is it a good idea to dropship with WooCommerce?
You can build your dropshipping store on various platforms. One of the most popular of them is WooCommerce. According to a recent research by Builtwith, more than 39% of all the online stores worldwide are powered by WooCommerce. On a global scale, it makes WooCommerce a number one solution for building online stores.
The reason why this platform is so popular is its convenience and flexibility: using various additional plugins and themes, you can customize your online store the way you like and add any extra features you need. There exists a countless number of useful plugins that cover various aspects of your dropshipping store (pricing and checkout, integration with payment systems, design, etc.). It means that you are free to choose any additional features for your business and to make your store a truly unique destination: you can generate and print invoices and packing slips, integrate your orders and customers to various CRM systems, and do many other things that improve your service. There are different solutions for automated order processing that can save tons of time and help you sell and ship products all over the world.
When plugin is installed and activated, you are provided with full setup instructions. You choose and set the main basic parameters for your store. As soon as this process is completed, you can start adding products to your store, uploading images and descriptions to product page, setting prices, and also installing any additional plugins you consider necessary.
What are the pros and cons of WooCommerce dropshipping?
No doubt that WooCommerce makes dropshipping process easier. It is compatible with many plugins that cater to various ecommerce needs. Still there are some specific aspects to be considered.
Advantages of dropshipping with WooCommerce
- You don’t need significant initial investments.
- Your risks are minimal.
- You don’t have to deal with stock and delivery matters.
- You can develop your own brand.
- You can easily upscale your business: cooperate with unlimited number of suppliers, add as many products and product categories as you want.
- Your design options are almost unlimited.
- Advanced SEO options are at your disposal.
Pitfalls of dropshipping with WooCommerce
- Not all suppliers allow dropshipping.
- You cannot control the delivery process and can only hope that your supplier is responsible enough.
- You don’t know for sure if the quality of goods is good enough and in what condition they will be delivered to your customers.
- You risk to face absence of products at the supplier’s stock.
- WooCommerce doesn’t provide 24/7 customer support as they do not have a central customer support staff.
However, if you find trusted merchants who supply and deliver high-quality goods, you can launch a successful business without much efforts and make your ecommerce dreams come true.
Is WooCommerce dropshipping suitable for me?
As WooCommerce takes advantage of WordPress, you can get access to thousands of themes and plugins that help you make a brilliant ecommerce store and automate the dropshipping process. Still this option cannot perfect for everyone, since it has some peculiarities and limitations. In general, this is an ideal solution:
- If you are a total ecommerce beginner.
- If you want to run your own business without inventory, storage and delivery fuss.
- If you want to earn a startup capital for the opening of a full-fledged online store in the future.
- If you need full control of your ecommerce store.
- If you want to enhance your store with thousands of site designs and plugins.
- If you are ready to handle some technical work to launch and run your website.
- If you’re one of those people who like to do everything on their own.
- If your budget is limited, and you don’t want to spend extra money.
- If you already have a WordPress site and want to use it as a basis for your store.
- If you do without 24/7 customer support.
WooCommerce dropshipping provides you with excellent opportunities. But finding reliable suppliers must be your priority.
Why is it best to fill your dropshipping store with AliExpress products?
To add products to your dropshipping store, you first of all need to choose a reliable and trustworthy supplier.
It is quite common to visit AliExpress in search for the most suitable supplier. We have already discussed the reasons why AliExpress is a wonderful destination for WooCommerce dropshippers.
To sum it up, AliExpress:
- Works as global manufacturers platform;
- Holds over 100 million items;
- Asks zero entry or participation fees;
- Sets no limits on your profit margin
- Sets no limits on the number of products you sell;
- Works with both individuals and officially registered companies;
- Provides free shipping worldwide;
- Provides different shipping methods.
There is no wonder, then, that dropshippers worldwide generally consider AliExpress to be the best platform to work with. This is why it’s a great idea to have specialized software that imports products from AliExpress to dropshipping stores. This, in turn, means that there is a high demand for special WooCommerce dropshipping plugin for AliExpress, and we are happy to introduce you such a solution.
AliDropship plugin: a dropshipping plugin you will totally like
- WooCommerce fully compatible
- All-in-one solution
- Automation of all processes
- Free updates and support
This plugin has all the features you need to create and run a successful dropshipping store:
- You can automatically import numerous products directly from AliExpress in a single click;
- Along with products, you can also import all the product specifications, such as variations, attributes, descriptions, customer reviews, etc.;
- You can easily edit product descriptions and add new texts, photos and videos;
- You can always be sure that the product information in your store is relevant and up-to-date. The plugin synchronizes with AliExpress and gets fresh data from the seller, updating your store information automatically;
- You can order from sellers automatically and you don’t have to enter all the data manually. As soon as you get an order from a customer, the plugin visits AliExpress and fills in all the order data automatically (product details and variations, customer’s address, etc.). To confirm your purchase, you will just need to simply click the ‘Pay Now’ button, and order notification email will be sent to the customer.
To learn more about earning great profits with this business, download our free guide and get some new insights into WooCommerce dropshipping.
You might also like the following articles:
- How to open AliExpress dropshipping store with WooCommerce: a step-by-step guide
- How to promote a dropshipping store: basic tips and the plugins our team recommends
- What you can achieve with a Woo-based dropshipping store: $28,000 in sales in 30 days
- Life-changing business: success story from the European Union
- AliDropship Plugin vs AliDropship Woo: How Are These Dropshipping Tools Different?
- Our WooCommerce WordPress Plugin Got Better Than Ever