Quora Ads Guide: Promote Your Business By Answering Questions
Although Quora was originally created just as a website for posting questions and answers, it can serve as a promotion platform. Read this Quora Ads Guide and learn how to create your own advertising campaigns there and what type of ads works best.
Quora and its users
How often do you ask questions?
If you think about it, we are surrounded by question marks: we ask serious questions, silly and stupid ones, we ask what we don’t know and even what we do know – just to make sure.
And of course, people ask questions on the Internet since the very first forums. Therefore, for dropshipping business owners, this trend incorporates an opportunity for promotion.
Quora is one of the most popular Q&A platforms on the web. Type a question in Google, and you’ll probably see answers from Reddit or Quora. Thousands of people ask their questions on all kinds of topics and get answers from different people including professionals and experts. Furthermore, users can rank these answers so that the best ones could get to the top.
That’s why advertisers use Quora marketing as a part of their promotion strategy.
Quora ads guide: using Quora for business
First of all, since many people interested in certain themes gather on Quora, and, moreover, ask direct questions, it allows you to better understand your target audience.
For example, if you sell baby clothes, you can learn what bothers parents by studying their questions.
Secondly, Quora allows you to share your expertise on a given topic and, in the meanwhile, advertise your dropshipping store – provided you really know your niche.
Imagine you sell mountain bikes. You’ve been into this sport for many years and you know everything about it. And then you find a question on Quora related to mountain bikes. A detailed answer to that question will make you a reputable expert and can bring attention to your business if you place a link in your post.
As of 2018, the platform attracted more than 300 million unique monthly visitors, so one cannot underestimate its potential.
Creating a profile on Quora ads platform
To start promoting your business on Quora, first, you need to register there. When creating your profile, you will be asked about your interests, which will define your feed. After that, pay huge attention to your profile’s details.
Write a description about yourself as well as your profile, education and employment credentials. Also, use the ‘Knows About’ section to show other people what you’re good at. All this information will serve as your business card. And don’t forget to mention your brand and provide your bio with the link to your website.
After that, you can start searching for the topics related to your business where you can find potential customers. Just type what you need in the search field and follow the topic. This way, you will understand what kind of questions people ask and what answers they expect from you and other experts.
The next step is to find questions related to your topic and start answering. Your answer will serve as posts, which you can promote by using Quora Ad Campaigns.
Starting a campaign in Quora Ads Manager
To start a campaign, you need to enter Quora Ads Manager, which you will find under your profile. After that, you will have to create a Quora business account and input all the necessary details.
Manage Ads tab on Quora
Clicking on Manage Ads, the first tab on this page, you can find the statistics on your current campaigns as well as start new ones.
When doing so, you first need to choose the objective of your campaign from four options:
- Conversions: The aim is to send users to your website and convince them to complete an action.
- Traffic: The aim is simply to attract visitors to your site.
- App installs: The aim is to convince users to download a mobile application.
- Awareness: Aims at making your answers popular.
- Lead generation: Aims at getting contact information from Quora users.
In addition, you can name your campaign there, set the schedule and budget, choose targeting options, etc.
Next, you create an ad set. Here you can name it, choose the location to be targeted, and the targeting type. You’ve got four options:
- Contextual targeting (users will see your ads if they’re relevant to certain topics, keywords, and questions);
- Audience targeting (shows ads to the audience based on your website traffic, a lookalike audience, or a list of contacts you have);
- Behavioral targeting (ads follow users based on their interests, keyword, or question history);
- Broad targeting (ads are shown to as many users as possible no matter how relevant they are to the users).
After that, you can create ads by choosing one of two types.
- Image Ads have a headline, body text and a Call to Action button leading to your landing page. And of course, you can import an image, which will make it more appealing.
- Promote an Answer option, as the name suggests, allows you to boost one of your answers.
Most likely, other users on Quora will see the first two types as regular ads and will probably think, ‘Oh, someone’s trying to sell something… Ok’.
It doesn’t necessarily mean they won’t work; however, Quora is a Q&A platform, and this is what people here are for. So, the best strategy is to boost your answers because this is the most natural and useful form.
Pixels & Conversions tab
The next tab in the Quora Ads Manager will show you how your advertising campaigns are doing. In other words, it’s a tracking tool that shows you the efficiency of your advertising.
To start tracking, you need to install the Quora pixel. Learn how to do it here.
This tab allows you to create specific audiences, which will improve the targeting of your ads. You can group users based on your landing page traffic, email addresses and the audiences already existing in the Quora Ads Manager.
You can use the last tab to send all the metrics of your ad campaigns to your email.
Quora Ads pricing
Of course, advertising on Quora is not free. However, there’s no fixed price. Instead, Quora Ads pricing is set depending on various factors such as location and audience targeting, the quality of your ads, etc.
The pricing system works as an auction where advertisers can offer their bids. The more you pay, the more often other users will see your ad. Whenever you create an advertising campaign, Quora suggests a price, so you can follow the advice or bid the minimum cost.
Moreover, you can set a limit to how much you want to spend by specifying your daily or lifetime budget limit.
Quora ads guide: what makes a good answer
- It’s a good idea to answer new questions or choose older ones with at least 1000 views.
- Avoid writing in an advertising style! Make your answers as natural, informative and useful as you can. Using “I” and “me” is totally Ok.
- Posting pictures or videos will make your answers more appealing and eye-catching.
- When answering a question, leave something unsaid because it will motivate people to follow your link to learn more or to see some examples.
- Few people will want to follow a link leading to a product as it’s clearly an ad. Therefore, your best choice is to link your Quora answer to blog posts if you have a blog.
On Quora, you can find many potential customers for your business. However, it’s a platform for asking and answering questions, and in order to succeed, you must adopt this format.
The best strategy is to provide the audience with useful information and motivate them to learn more by following your links. This way, you should be able to seamlessly raise their interest in your brand.
Use this Quora Ads guide to increase brand awareness and attract more potential customers to your business. Get more tips on how to improve your dropshipping store by downloading our FREE GUIDE.