Product Page SEO Optimization That Generates $10,000 Per Month
We will never get tired of repeating that search engine optimization (SEO) is the first thing you have to do in order to drive more targeted traffic to your ecommerce store. If you properly optimize all the product pages and website categories once, you will regularly get free traffic from different search engines. Only after that you can start promoting your store on social media or with PPC ads: Product Page SEO is the foundation of ecommerce.
To start with, we need to determine the meaning of some basic words.
A product page is a unique page of any product in your online store, which includes a detailed product description, its features, price, shipping options, customer reviews, etc. The more valuable information it contains, the better it is for customers, search engines and for your ecommerce store.A keyword is a query that users type into the Google search box when trying to find a particular item. You can enter the name of the product in the search field on your own and see what options the search engine offers. We also recommend you to go to Amazon or eBay and look at the product names of your competitors.
How product page SEO lets us make up to $10,000 per month
We use our dropshipping stores to test the latest SEO trends and describe the most successful ones in our blog.
After several years of hard work we came to the conclusion that getting organic traffic from search engines has to become our primary goal.
First, it has a better conversion rate than any other promotional tools such as advertising on social media or Google Shopping Ads. Secondly, it doesn’t cost us anything except our efforts and the long sleepless nights 🙂 So we have decided to concentrate all our thoughts and energy on this traffic source and make the most of it.
The process is divided into 2 phases:
- Adding as many products related to our web store as possible
- Product pages SEO – editing headlines, product descriptions, metatags, photos and adding reviews.
Right as we expected, these activities brought the benefits very quickly (1-2 months). Thanks to the organic traffic, our stores revenue is up to $10,000 per month, whereas Google Shopping ads bring us up to $15,000. Here, it’s important to understand that in PPC advertising, we pay for every click (even if it hasn’t converted), while organic traffic costs us nothing.
Let’s look at the key components of the perfectly optimized product page and go through the best SEO practices step by step.
SEO for eCommerce product pages: headlines
It’s recommended to start optimizing product pages with headlines.
A perfect product name is short (5-6 words), very informative and includes a keyword. When optimizing product names, include the following elements in them:
- Product type (jacket, trousers, hat,…)
- Broad niche and/or theme (gothic, vintage, cats,…)
- Product usage and potential buyers (home, for girls, for a cosplay party, etc.)
- Hair Clip – this term is very broad;
- Sea Hair Clip – this product name is better, but it’s still not really clear what exactly you sell;
- Hot Sale fashion Must Have birthday Christmas Party Gift Hair Accessory – this headline is terrible. You can see the same descriptions on AliExpress and they definitely have to be edited. This is just a bunch of words that are difficult to understand both for people and for search engines.
When writing product names, don’t forget that Google will display only the first 70 characters of a title.
Sea Shell And Star Fish Hair Clip is a very informative and understandable product name that will likely be shown to numerous people who use search queries like:
- Sea Shell Hair Clip
- Sea Star Hair Clip
- Nautic Hair Accessory
- Sea Themed Jewelry
Don’t forget to edit the URL and make it identical to the headline (https://yourstore.com/sea-shell-star-fish-hair-clip/)
SEO-friendly product page: photos
The next step is to pick and edit product photos. Along with finding high quality photos and removing all logos, watermarks and any other AliExpress indicators from them, you have to take care of SEO.
Google has a nice tool called Google Images that people usually use to find pictures. Your goal is to get there and thus improve your product page SEO rankings. For this purpose you need to do the following actions:
- Use keywords in the name of your photos (flower-earrings.jpg)
- Add ALT tags to photos (with keywords)
SEO for product page: meta-tags
The next important step is adding SEO meta-tags.
You need to focus on:
- Title – the name of your product page, which is displayed in Google search results. It has to contain a keyword, be eye-catching and offer something special (free shipping, 50% discount, 5$ Only, original style, etc.)
- Description – a snippet that is displayed under the title. Here you need to describe your product with a couple of sentences and explain people why they have to buy it from you.
- Keywords – nowadays Google does not take this metatag into account anymore. However, it’s still recommended to write it.
Product descriptions for SEO
Writing descriptions is the most important and difficult part when optimizing product pages. A detailed and informative product description helps with SEO and boosts the sales.
A great product description has to:
- Answer the most important customers’ questions;
- Describe the main features and advantages of your product;
- Explain how to choose a size;
- Provide the comprehensive information about shipping.
If you follow these tips, there is a great chance to convert your website visitors into buyers. Besides that, if you add a video to your product description, you will increase the conversion rate significantly.
Needless to say that your product description has to contain keywords. However, they don’t necessarily have to be very specific. Look for the keywords that are somehow related to your niche.
SEO for product page: customer reviews
Customer reviews that you can upload with our AliDropship plugin are very useful.
They have 2 main goals:
- Boost sales and improve the customers’ loyalty to your ecommerce store in general and to the specific items in particular;
- Promote your store and enhance the amount of relevant content on your website. Google likes relevant content, so your website’s rankings will increase.
You have to regularly upload reviews from AliExpress and give your customers the opportunity to leave their own feedback after buying from your store. Actually, you can edit all reviews by adding keywords or translating them into your language, but we do not recommend doing something like this very often. You can easily lose the trust of your clients.
SEO for eCommerce category pages
One more thing you need to focus on is related to the basic SEO settings.
You can get to the top of Google search not only with one product page, but with a whole product category, if you optimize it properly.
Do you want to get to the top of Google? Here is a list of SEO tips that help you optimize your product categories on a professional level:
- Make short and clear product category names. Use keywords and the H1 tag.
- Add the Title, Description and Keywords meta-tags. Follow the above-mentioned tips.
- Write a short (!) text with keywords for every product category. Frankly speaking, this way of promotion is slowly dying, because it is not related to the users’ experience. However, until it works, we need to use it.
- Write the product names according to the all SEO rules. The product names are probably the only content element on this page, and according to it Google makes decisions if this page is relevant to the search query or not. That’s why you have to include the category name in the product name.
Now you know a lot about SEO Product Pages. So, if you have a small number of orders or your store is new – the first thing you have to do is to read this guide and do everything step by step. In addition, you need to add some new products to your store and optimize them as well.
P.S. SEO Product Page is very effective in niche stores, which is not true for general stores. That’s why we do not recommend you to create general stores for dropshipping business but focus more on specific clients interests. If you are not sure in your niche profitability, feel free to check it with our free tool.